Special Outdoor Service | Sunday, September 06 @ 10AM
One of our values at The Summit is doing Life Together. Over the last several months, all of us have had to be extremely creative in living out this value. This why we are excited to invite you to a special outdoor service, Sunday, September 6 at 10AM. This service will take place in the parking lot of The Summit and will include worship and teaching time. There will be space for you to bring a lawn chair if you want to sit, or park your car and engage in the service from the bed of your truck, or the trunk of your van. Any way you feel comfortable, we want to see you there! If you are not able to attend this service, our online service will still be available at 10AM.
Phase II Re-Opening for Kids & Students:
Current operations Under Phase-II Re-Opening Plan:
As a church body, we are praying for wisdom and patience in this season. We are planning things month by month. That being said, everything laid out in Phase II is expected for the month of June.
01. CONTACT FREE SERVICES
- Return to face to face services
- 50-55 Minute Services
- Service Times at 9:00AM & 10:45AM
- There will be no gathering in the lobby before or after services
- Social Distancing with the Seating
- 50% Capacity in the Sanctuary (apprx. 180 people)
- Continuing online service for people who are sick or high risk to COVID-19
- People will be ushered out of the building section by section at the end of each service
- No passing of the offering baskets - offering boxes will be available in the lobby for donations
- Communion will happen with individual, 2-in-1 packs
- Coffee services and weekly bulletins will be suspended
02. SUMMIT CHURCH ONLINE SERVICES
- Continue 10:00AM Online Services
- Mirroring face-to-face service as much as possible
- Encourage people who are sick, uncomfortable attending physical gathering, or high risk to join us online
03. CLEANING & SANITATION
- Provide hand sanitizer for attendants
- Clean/Disinfect bathrooms in-between services
- Wipe down all surfaces and chairs before and after each service
- Keep sanctuary doors open and fans on HVAC system running for air circulation and ventilation
04. EXPECTATIONS & ENCOURAGEMENTS
- Masks are encouraged for all attendants, but not required
- All of our Staff & Elders will wear masks and maintain social distancing on Sundays
05. KIDS & STUDENTS
- Face-to-face gatherings of SummitKids and Students will continue to be suspended in the month of June
- SummitKids lessons will continue to be available each week online
- Youth Group on YouTube will continue every Wednesday at 7:00PM in June
- Activity Trays will be provided for kids on Sundays with supplies
- Supplies will be put in a Ziploc bag with the child's name on it for them to reuse each week
- Trays will be disinfected every week
- Individually wrapped snacks and water bottles will be in each tray
- Activities will be self-directed for children
- The children's worship room will be available as an extended cry room
- Dividers will be set up for play/rest areas if needed
- Room will be disinfected before and after each service
Latest Message from Lead Pastor, Brian Agovino
Monday, August 17
Hey Summit Family.
I just have two things for you,
01. Members Meeting
At the end of August we usually have a members meeting to celebrate the past year and look forward to the next. Our fiscal year runs from September to August, and although this has been a crazy year there is much to celebrate. A couple of the local schools have pushed their first day of school back to August 31 and we didn’t think it would be prudent to have a members meeting the night before so many of our kids start back to school. So we are going to push it back a few weeks to take place on September 13. I’ll share more details soon. This is an important gathering for us because we will share our vision and direction for the next year, so I want to encourage you to mark your calendars for 5:00-6:30 PM on September 13. If you are interested in becoming a member and joining us on mission, we will offer a membership class this fall and would love for you to participate in that. Contact Brandon to let him know you are interested.
02. Jay Simmons
Jay joined our teaching team almost two years ago when we began the transition as a church to find a new lead pastor. A little over a year ago God called me to that role and Jay stayed on to help as I stepped into the role. We knew for some time that Jay would be starting a church in the city and be leaving us to serve there. Well, that time has come. On August 30 Jay will preach his last sermon with us. He will still be on call, and we as a church are supporting his endeavor financially, but I mostly wanted to give you a heads up. Jay has been a tremendous asset to me and to the Summit over these past two years, but sending is not only one of our values it’s part of the heart of God. It’s an honor to be sending him in this way. Be praying for Jay and All Souls Church, and I hope you will join us either in person or online Sunday, August 30 to celebrate what God is doing.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your week everyone.
We want to encourage you to continue to give faithfully to The Summit even though we aren't meeting on Sunday mornings so that we can continue to do ministry and be on mission. You can continue to give three different ways:
01: You can drop your donation by the church office Monday - Friday | 9AM - 4pm. Or mail your donation to 927 E. Terra Ln, O'Fallon, MO 63376.
02: You can set up on-line bill pay through your bank to draft your donation directly out of your account each month.
03: You can give online through our website. Click the button below.