Current operations Under Phase-II Re-Opening Plan:
As a church body, we are praying for wisdom and patience in this season. We are planning things month by month. That being said, everything laid out in Phase II is expected for the month of June.
01. CONTACT FREE SERVICES
- Return to face to face services
- 50-55 Minute Services
- Service Times at 9:00AM & 10:45AM
- There will be no gathering in the lobby before or after services
- Social Distancing with the Seating
- 50% Capacity in the Sanctuary (apprx. 180 people)
- Continuing online service for people who are sick or high risk to COVID-19
- People will be ushered out of the building section by section at the end of each service
- No passing of the offering baskets - offering boxes will be available in the lobby for donations
- Communion will happen with individual, 2-in-1 packs
- Coffee services and weekly bulletins will be suspended
02. SUMMIT CHURCH ONLINE SERVICES
- Continue 10:00AM Online Services
- Mirroring face-to-face service as much as possible
- Encourage people who are sick, uncomfortable attending physical gathering, or high risk to join us online
03. CLEANING & SANITATION
- Provide hand sanitizer for attendants
- Clean/Disinfect bathrooms in-between services
- Wipe down all surfaces and chairs before and after each service
- Keep sanctuary doors open and fans on HVAC system running for air circulation and ventilation
04. EXPECTATIONS & ENCOURAGEMENTS
- Masks are encouraged for all attendants, but not required
- All of our Staff & Elders will wear masks and maintain social distancing on Sundays
05. KIDS & STUDENTS
- Face-to-face gatherings of SummitKids and Students will continue to be suspended in the month of June
- SummitKids lessons will continue to be available each week online
- Youth Group on YouTube will continue every Wednesday at 7:00PM in June
- Activity Trays will be provided for kids on Sundays with supplies
- Supplies will be put in a Ziploc bag with the child's name on it for them to reuse each week
- Trays will be disinfected every week
- Individually wrapped snacks and water bottles will be in each tray
- Activities will be self-directed for children
- The children's worship room will be available as an extended cry room
- Dividers will be set up for play/rest areas if needed
- Room will be disinfected before and after each service
Latest Message from Lead Pastor, Brian Agovino
Monday, July 06
Happy Monday everyone!
This is your Monday memo for July 06, 2020:
I wanted to celebrate a couple of milestones. First, Nate and Jillian are missionaries that we support as a church family. Many of you have heard that Jillian had their baby and everything went well. So join us in praying for then in these early days of parenthood. Also, yesterday, the Hispanic church had their first live service. They had 30 people in attendance and were super encouraged. This was also a great moment as Alex and Stacy have been waiting patiently to relaunch their Sunday morning service.
I wanted to update you on a few things going on around the facility. We started working on the playground this past week. There is currently a graded and plowed area in front of the building. The fence is supposed to be delivered this week, and we are hoping to concrete soon. Also, we have an important meeting with the city of O’Fallon finally this week about our sign as we are hoping to make progress on that soon as well.
That should cover us for this Monday. Thankful for you all. Have a great week.
I hope you all have a great week!
During our Phase I reopening plan, we are encouraging each Community Group to decide if they would like to continue to meet virtually or move to face-to-face gatherings while observing social distancing. Community Group leaders will give groups information and direction on how they will operate their meetings during Phase I.
Not in a Community Group? If you would like to join one, or want more information, you can find it here.
KID'S & STUDENT MINISTRIES:
We understand the pressure you're feeling with having the kids home for an unknown period of time. With that also leads to a question of how to foster their spiritual engagement? Don't fret, we have a plan in place.
We have programming available for students. 7:00PM on Wednesdays you can view and engage those experiences on YouTube. Our K-5th graders will experience weekly S.K.N.U. (Summit Kid's News Updates) Episodes with fun games and stories with Miss Amy. You can check those out on our Summit Kid's Facebook Page. That tablet or device that they may normally play games on is now a chance to hear about the love and hope of Jesus in a fun and engaging way.
We want to encourage you to continue to give faithfully to The Summit even though we aren't meeting on Sunday mornings so that we can continue to do ministry and be on mission. You can continue to give three different ways:
01: You can drop your donation by the church office Monday - Friday | 9AM - 4pm. Or mail your donation to 927 E. Terra Ln, O'Fallon, MO 63376.
02: You can set up on-line bill pay through your bank to draft your donation directly out of your account each month.
03: You can give online through our website. Click the button below.