The Summit Outside
During the month of September we are having a 10 AM outdoor service, every Sunday, weather permitting. We will continue to offer The Summit Online service at 10 am.
We are excited about the opportunity to gather in-person outdoors. But we are mindful that we will still not be gathering as we are used to and that we are in a time when our normal has shifted. We have some things that we are implementing for your and your neighbor’s safety.
Worship will be touchless. That is, there will be no bulletins, traditional communion, or passing of offering baskets. We will be able to wave at each other, verbally greet one another, and see each other, but we will not be able to do our usual handshakes, hugs, pats on the back, or even stand close. Keeping that 6-foot social and physical distance from each other will be important to our gathering. This is just our new normal.
As you are making decisions about whether you will come to The Summit for outdoor worship this month, here are some other things for you to think about and know:
- Come only if you are healthy. If you have a fever or are coughing or have any of the other symptoms associated with COVID-19, please stay home for you and your neighbor.
- Come with a commitment to physical distancing, maintaining the recommended 6 foot distance from anyone who is not in your family group.
- Come with your mask. You will not be required to wear it, but you may want it for use in the parking lot, or if you want to have physically distanced conversation with others.
- Come with your own chair or blanket for sitting on the parking lot.
- Come with sunscreen, wear a hat, or bring an umbrella or other shade source. Our space is unsheltered; plan accordingly.
- Come with your own coffee, water, snacks, etc. For now, we will be refraining from shared items, including food and beverage. Specially designed activity packs will still be available for kids.
- Come when the weather allows. If it is raining or bad weather is looming, we will cancel the outdoor service and encourage everyone to join us online.
Finally, a word about communion. We know that the sacraments are essential to our faith, we also know that God provides enough to sustain our faith. We have plenty of individual communion packs that we can safely distribute so that everyone can receive communion.
So, on Sundays, we will see you at church. The Summit Online at 10 AM, or outdoors in the parking lot at 10 AM. See you at church!