Romans 6:5-11 [ESV]
5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
01. Have a few people share their baptism experience. When were they baptized? Why were they baptized?
02. If baptism is an outward picture of an inward reality, what is the inward reality? Read Romans 6:5-11. Reflect on the meaning of joining Christ in His death and joining Christ in His resurrection.
03. What does it mean that being buried with Christ, the power of sin has been broken? Is that your experience in life? Why, at times, does sin still seem to have power?
04. What how being raised with Christ means we can walk in the newness of life? Describe this new life. Why do you think Paul uses the word 'walk'?
05. Share an area of your life that you would like to see resurrected. Take some time to pray for each other.