COlossians 2:6-8 [ESV]
6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
8 See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits[a] of the world, and not according to Christ.
01. Read Colossians 2:6-8. Why is it easy for us to be held captive to things that are not rooted in Christ?
02. What are the two dispositions that happen when we receive Christ? (see Mark 1:15)
03. What should the walk of a Christian be characterized by? Be specific. What does daily repentance look like? What would daily faith look like?
04. Why does thanksgiving flow from faith? What does the Christian have to be thankful for?
05. Learning to practice the walk or rhythm of receiving is critical to an abundant life. Why? What would it look like to practice that walk this week?