COlossians 2:1-5 [ESV]
1 I want you to know how hard I am contending for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally.2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christis.
01. Read Colossians 2:1-5. What is Paul’s struggle for the church and why is he committed to continue to struggle for them?
02. What does the term “delude” mean? How can Jesus followers be deluded today?
03. How can we have a true knowledge of God’s mystery, since it is a mystery?
04. Have you ever felt like you were becoming gospel diluted or gospel demolished? How can we protect each other from those threats?
05. What does this passage teach about the treasures of wisdom and knowledge? How does Paul encourage us, the believers, to keep digging?