COlossians 1:9-14 [ESV]
9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
01. Share about your experience concerning prayer. When do you pray? Is it hard to pray?
02. Read Colossians 1:9-14. Paul often prays for the churches to whom he writes. What strikes you about this prayer? How is it similar to or different from how you pray?
03. Paul prays in Colossians 1:9-10 that the Colossians would grow in the knowledge of God's will and the knowledge of God. Discuss what it means to know God. What is the difference between knowing about and intimately knowing God?
04. Paul shares three benefits of the gospel in Colossians 1:11-14. Which one is most interesting to you? Which one is most surprising? What would it look like for you to fill your heart with these benefits?
05. Take a moment to pray this prayer for each other. Who is someone else for whom you could also pray this prayer?